The Steel Weights & pH 2/25/11:
A: 23.6g pH 9
B: 25.7g pH 11
C: 25.1g pH 11.2
D: 25.6g pH 6
E: 25.8g pH 6
F: 25.4g pH 4
Today, I noticed many things. One of them is the fact that the Clorox is so rust colored that you cannot see the metal underneath. Though there is a lot of visual corrosion, there is minimal weight loss, which seems strange to me. The pH is also irregular, with Clorox raising and water and salt water rising, and the pH of drano and ammonia falling. Some of the corroded layer is black, and the major changes happened in the Clorox, ammonia, salt water, and sulfuric acid. An interesting note is that water has more corrosion than drano. After doing some research, I think that I should go buy aluminum over the weekend, and test for it, as its corrosion potential is supposed to exceed even iron.
No comments:
Post a Comment